Thursday, January 7, 2010

Say it ain't so...


Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me - isn't that how the saying goes. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt here but I just feel like it's another lame azz excuse....

November - let's meet for lunch - kool. Well lunch didn't happen; I showed up a few minutes early as planned texted to say hey where are you? Reply comes through saying swamped @ work won't be available until later (paraphrased) I text back as ol' Mr. Understanding, no prob raincheck.

December - dinner this week? - ok Text comes in with can't meet working late tonite. I reply again as ol Mr. Understanding - it happens we can try another day.

January - Mr. Understanding - when are you free again, in the spirit of auld lang syne - 2010 start off new right? Dinner on BCS night kool no prob. Me being like the Sankofa Bird...I text 30 minutes ahead of time to see if we are still on - no response, 15 til I call - no answer; get to the place call again - no answer; 15 after I text to stay I'm going home. 2hrs later a text comes in - had ringer off at hospital with a friend.

Hmmm ...well when my ringer is off it's usually on vibrate. Given emotional distress I think I'd at least remember to take 5 minutes to call or text someone to say hey I need to cancel will fill you in later...or something.

No comments: