Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Tisket, A Tasket....

A few weeks ago I quit my job and the past 2 weeks have been rather ho-hum. I was looking forward to a life of leisure but is hasn't been all I imagined. I figured I'd goto the gym, complete household to-do-lists, make a few day trips...but needless to say I became complacent. I took my dog to the dog park a few days and tried connecting with a few friends - but really who wants to talk to someone that isn't working when they are - mainly I have lounged around and become a couch potato without the weight gain. Okay, let me save a bit of face here - I did complete a few task but not as many as I had hoped.

I don't think in my adult life that I felt so ho-hum before and not knowing what to do....I have been on a couple of face-to-face interviews and several phone interviews that have led to the face-to-face interviews. As I go through this process a part of me wants to have more time to access the companies I'm pursuing to foster my career path. I anticipate a few offers this week and have interview lined up over the next two weeks and other companies that I'm interested in as well that I have not approached. Now is clearly not the time to starting singing "Time, it's on my side". I know where I want to be career wise I just need to make the right choice in the company I accept to work with or will this be another stepping stone?

I've lived in 4 different states - all my choices on the moves have weighed heavily on work with little to no emphasis on a social life. Acquaintances have said I haven't lived in an area long enough to develop relationships - to some extent I would agree but I would also have to say that I moved to cities that are a bit deplete of black folk. Sometimes I think I should venture over to the Vanilla Fields and partake in some homemade vanilla - nahhhh if I did that it would have to be French Vanilla (gotta have a lil flavor!)

Well now I'm thinking more on relocating with greater emphasis on a social life. I have potential opportunity in Ft. Worth, Philly, Cali (LA and Bay Area) or Chitown. -Fort Party Worth would be good for family and a better social setting; Philly ahh the city of Brotherly Love, need I say more or as Jackie would say" Cuz What? Thank you...and say no more! LOL Philly would be cool since it's close to major cities - DC, NYC, B-more; Cali - California Dreaming - would be good I have a friend there and the area is nice but costly!

A tisket, a tasket - a childhood jingle that provides credence to how a careless decision can get your ass into hot water in the blink of an eye--------

1 comment:

D-Place said...

Well you know my vote is for LA...so you can be here with me. Add some class to this joint..LOL